Coping & Control – 12 Essential Tips to Building the Stress Muscles
- Maintain positive friendships
- Stay connected to your deepest core values.
- Set challenging but achievable goals.
- Sleep, rest, recover.
- Exercise daily.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Stay out of consumer debt.
- Live in community and be part of a tradition.
- Simplify, and use “Via Negativa” – taking away stressful things.
- Practice mindfulness and breathing by praying, meditating, walking, and / or just being present in the moment, any moment, without any distractions.
- Start small and get control of the little details first, then work bigger.
- Set healthy boundaries with yourself and others.
It's really that simple. Practice these and you will be much healthier when it comes to dealing with stress.
Like the blog? Sign up and pass it on!
Read Next: Eat More Fiber